Before I show you how to make this turmeric or saffron rice and shredded chicken salad, make sure you have a piece of cooked chicken breast, and a cup of chicken broth. If you don't have the broth, making it is easy. Bring a pot of water to boil, season with salt and black pepper, then drop in your boneless, skinless chicken breast to cook until done.
- In a pan, saute 1 large chopped garlic clove with 1 tablespoon of cooking oil until brown.
- Add 1 cup of rice, 1/8 teaspoon of saffron or turmeric powder, and stir for 1 minute
- Add 2 cups of chicken broth, and bring to a boil
- Covered and cook for another 10 minutes on low heat
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it stand for 5 minute
- Fluff the rice before serving
- Shredded the cooked chicken breast into pieces
- Thinly sliced one small onion
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon/lime juice
- Torn up some basil leaves and perilla mint or cilantro
- Mixed all the ingredients up well
- Season with a pinch of black pepper and salt
- A dash of olive oil to keep the chicken from drying out
Making the Sauce