Six Ways to Tell if You Have Foot Problem

Many years ago I worked as a nail technician. My job was to take care of manicure and pedicure clients. Though I was good as a manicurist, I dreaded doing pedicure! Some had very nice; well-care for feet, while others had me putting on two pairs of surgical gloves before I was allowed to touch them!

Below are some common signs that tell you have foot problem.

Bunions and Hammertoes

Those bony bumps at the base of the big toe are call bunions, and curls in the middle joints of the toes are hammertoes. These are not the causes of the shoes you wear, but more with the way you walk, which can be an inherited trait.

Creative Commons

Blisters are caused by friction, and are more common in the warmer months, when we tend to wear shoes without socks. Open blister can get infected and you will need to see your foot doctor. Hold off on having pedicure with open wound!

Corns and Calluses

These thick layers of flaky, dry or waxy skin are the result of pressure to the foot and cause tenderness and pain.
Corns tend to be small with a hard center on the tops sides of toes, while calluses typically develop on soles and underneath big toes.


Fungal infection such as athlete’s foot, make skin itchy and scaly. If fungus gets under the nails it causes them to thicken, turns a yellowish-brown color and sometimes even crumble.

Treatment for this problem is available from your doctor. 

Sometimes he can prescribe drops to apply to the infected nail; and sometimes, he might suggest the removal of the nail, depending on the seriousness of the problem.

Plantar Warts

If a virus leeches onto small cuts or cracks in your skin, if can lead to these hard and bumpy growths on the bottom of your feet.

These painful warts can resemble calluses and range in size from a pea to a quarter.

Plantar Fasciitis

Weight gain, muscle imbalance, high or low arched feet, exercise and ill-fitting shoes can all result in this pain on the bottom of the heel, or in the arch.

If you have one of these problems, seek for treatment from your family physician. He or she might prefer you to a foot specialist for further evaluation. It is best to know how serious the problem is and what is available to suit the issue. Registered & Protected